George Washington Carver knew a thing or two when he discovered the many uses for . . . the peanut. Consumers today only have to know one thing. Peanuts are good and they're good for you. Try peanuts today in a stir-fry or one your favorite vegetables. Peanut butter makes a great dip for fruits or try spreading it on bread, bagels or muffins. Peanuts and peanut butter are packed with protein. In fact studies have determined that peanuts and peanut butter contain a wide variety of nutrients that will keep you healthy and fit!
- Atlanta Plugged In
- The Georgia Peanut Commission will be appearing on CBS46's Atlanta Plugged In show throughout the spring and early summer. So, be sure to tune in to learn about new peanut recipes.
Recipes presented by Joy Crosby, Georgia Peanut Commission
Asian Broccoli Salad
No Bake Energy Bites
Peanut Butter Banana Quesadillas
Reeses PB Cookie Dough Dip
Recipes presented by Leslie Wagner, Southern Peanut Growers
Beef Kabobs with Peanut Sauce
Southwestern Peanut Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Chef Margot's Peanut Butter Bars
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut Butter Saltine Candy
Recipes presented by Sherry Coleman Collins, National Peanut Board
Infant Oatmeal with Peanut Butter
Blueberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
Butternut Squash with Peanut Butter
Get Up and Go Peanut Crunch Bar
Tropical Fruit Salad with Ginger and Peanuts
Spinach Salad with Roasted Peanuts
Recipes presented by Don Koehler, Georgia Peanut Commission
Pork and Chicken Satay
PB BBQ Sauce
Sauteed Peanut Potato Salad
Peanut Broccoli Salad
- PeanutAllergyFacts.org - New website answers peanut allergy questions
- As the school year gets underway, many districts face challenges in how to best manage peanut and other food allergies in a school setting. While more than 98 percent of children in America can safely enjoy peanuts and peanut-containing foods, according to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, managing food allergies — particularly in schools — can often be an emotional and contentious issue. That’s why the Georgia Peanut Commission, which represents all peanut farmers in Georgia, is pleased to announce the launch of PeanutAllergyFacts.org, a new website for schools, parents, food service executives and manufacturers. Read more . . .
- Georgia National Fair
- The Georgia Peanut Commission promotes peanuts annually each fall during the
Georgia National Fair in Perry, Ga. The promotion includes a culinary demonstration and sponsorship
of the Peanut Recipe Contest. During the culinary demonstration, Joy Crosby and Joy Purvis showcased three peanut recipes: Peanut Butter Oreo Dessert, Chipotle Lime Peanuts and Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip.
- The Best Hometown PB in America
- From Nutty Jalapeño-Chicken Stuffed Peppers in the Southwest to PB and Chocolate Bars in the Northeast, our nation is filled with diverse, delicious peanut butter-packed dishes that reflect regional palates. To find the best hometown recipes, Southern Peanut Growers conducted its first “PB My Way” regional recipe contest and announced the winners recently.
View the winners
- Southern Women's Show
- The Georgia Peanut Commission and Southern Peanut Growers were on hand at the Southern Women's Show in Savannah, Ga., Feb. 21-23, 2014. Don Koehler, GPC executive director, and Brenda Morris, peanut farmer from Irwin County, will demonstrate several recipes on the main cooking stage. In case you miss the show be sure to check out these recipes and add them to your collection.
Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies
Peanut Chicken Chili
Peanut Spinach Salad
The PB Cuban
- Go NUTS! A handful a day may help you live longer, docs say
- An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but if you want to live longer, a handful of nuts may be a better bet, researchers reported recently.
The biggest study yet into whether nuts can add years to your life shows that people who ate nuts every day were 20 percent less likely to die from heart disease, cancer or any other cause over 30 years than people who didn’t eat them.
Peanut Institute press release (Nov. 21, 2013) Eating Peanuts Daily Significantly Reduces All-Cause Mortality.
View the report from NBC News.
View the report from CNN.